Chicken A La King Recipe
People say cook time is better 4.5 to 5 hours. Others also added 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
Source: Chicken A La King published in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p34
Recipe type: Crockpot
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine soup, flour, pepper and cayenne until smooth.
- Stir in chicken, celery, green pepper and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat juices run clear.
- Stir in peas and pimientos.
- Cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve with rice.
Thanks to Taste of Home for the recipe and picture!