Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Recipe type: Crockpot
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can medium enchilada sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced green chilies, drained
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- corn tortillas, cut into strips – garnish
- chopped cilantro – garnish
- sour cream – garnish
- Add all ingredients besides cheese and garnish to the crockpot.
- Set crockpot to low and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to crockpot and cook on low for an additional 2 hours.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.
- Top with corn tortillas, cilantro and sour cream.
This is a great recipe when you need to serve a crowd.
Thank you to Ashley from Half Hour Meals for the picture and recipe!