Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup is an easy way to shake up your traditional menu plan for Mexican night. My kids love this dinner! We like to serve it with corn tortillas and guacamole on the side. A great dessert idea is this homemade Mexican Icecream too!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can medium enchilada sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced green chilies, drained
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- corn tortillas, cut into strips - garnish
- chopped cilantro - garnish
- sour cream - garnish
- Add all ingredients besides cheese and garnish to the crockpot.
- Set crockpot to low and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to crockpot and cook on low for an additional 2 hours.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.
- Top with corn tortillas, cilantro and sour cream.
Check out these Recipes: