Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup is an easy way to shake up your traditional menu plan for Mexican night. My kids love this yummy dinner! Even though it is a soup, it is very filling and the taste is out of this world. You can spice it up or down depending on the flavor you enjoy. We personally don’t like spicy food so this is right up our alley but you can easily kick it up a notch with additional spices or hot sauce.
This slow cooker recipe is so easy to make. It is a simple dump and go slow cooker recipe. Just add all ingredients besides cheese and garnish to the crockpot. Set the slow cooker to low and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to crockpot and cook on low for an additional 2 hours. Stir in the cheese and serve. Top with corn tortillas, cilantro and sour cream. Trust us you will be happy that you gave this recipe a try.
We like to serve this Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe with corn tortillas and guacamole on the side. A great dessert idea is this homemade Mexican Icecream too! This is the perfect recipe for Cinco de Mayo. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. It is sure to be a family favorite once you give it a try! It is the perfect recipe for a cold winter evening. It warms you up perfectly on those chilly days.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can medium enchilada sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced green chilies, drained
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- corn tortillas, cut into strips - garnish
- chopped cilantro - garnish
- sour cream - garnish
- Add all ingredients besides cheese and garnish to the crockpot.
- Set crockpot to low and cook for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to crockpot and cook on low for an additional 2 hours.
- Stir in the cheese and serve.
- Top with corn tortillas, cilantro and sour cream.
Check out these Recipes: