We love this Halloween Craft – Easy to make Cheesecloth Ghosts. This is a fun Halloween Craft for adults or older children. It can become a fun centerpiece or hanging decorations around your house. Perfect for a Halloween Party too!
I would not advise you to hang them outdoors though, if they get wet or even damp they will fall apart. You may ask me how I know that 😉
How to make Cheesecloth Ghosts:
- Cheesecloth (can be purchased at Lowe’s or the grocery store)
- aluminum foil
- warm water
- quart jars
- mixing bowls
- squiggly eyes
- hot glue gun
- black ribbon
- Cut cheesecloth large enough to drape over a quart jar. It is suggested to use 2-4 layers per ghost for best results.
- Place heavy-duty foil over a quart jar to make a ghost form.
- Mix 2 cups warm water and 1 cup granulated sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Soak the cut cheese cloth pieces in the sugar mixture.
- Squeeze excess sugar – water out of the cloth.
- Drape the cheesecloth over the ghost form, and keep layering until you use all the pieces
- Dry the “ghost” for 24 hours or until it’s completely dry. Remove from the form.
- Add squiggly eyes and a ribbon with a hot glue gun.
Halloween Crafts You May Enjoy: