Mexican-Style Pork Chops Recipe
Source: Mexican-Style Pork Chops published in Casserole Cookbook , p74
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- ½ cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown pork chops in oil on each side; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Place chops over the onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160°.
Thank you for the picture and recipe Taste of Home!