There is nothing better than Pumpkin Pancakes on Thanksgiving morning. This is a tradition at our house. I love making it with my own homemade pumpkin puree too!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg white and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
Thanks to Taste of Home for the recipe and picture!
Shop Taste of Home with StockpilingMoms by using the link below!