Today for Stockpiling Saturday I am discussing Criticism by Employees. I have debated on whether or not to post this experience but I am still very angry! I always am posting how to try to be positive and deal with people around you but sometimes it is very difficult. I guess when it all boils down to it people just do not understand the “want” to save money and the “want” to give our children a better life. I believe people short change themselves because it is easier. Who does not have time to save a few hundred dollars. They don’t have to take it to thousands like I do. I want to give my children everything and the best opportunities that I can. The $75.00 I saved at the store in one trip can pay for a season of soccer or the $150.00 I saved for the extra tutoring my child may need. Why is it so bad for me to use coupons to better my family!
With this being said, I had a horrible experience at a grocery store in my area. I will not say which one or who the employee was but it is not a positive experience. I was accused of being “one of those people” on the news that fills their trunk with cleared shelves of product! She said “I know who you are!” I assured the woman I was not the lady she saw on the news and if she really read Stockpilingmoms.com she would see we DO NOT PROMOTE shelf clearing and we do not support buying over 10 items (unless it is a 10 for 10, 11th item FREE sale.) She stood there and actually tried to argue with me. I tried to refuse argument but the more she went on and on the more mad I got. I calmly but in a very firm tone told her how I felt. I also let her know that if it inconveniences others so much they can go to a different line, different store, or get a different job. I will NOT inconvenience my children by not saving money for their activities.
So what to do in these cases:
- Go to the Customer Service Desk and Ask for a new cashier.
- Do your best to ignore the person or at least be firm and non aggressive.
- Find a manager and report the incident.
- Remember the cashier or employee and do not go back to their line.
- If you do not feel you have been treated fairly call or write their corporate office and report the incident. I have found you get better assistance and apology if you sit and take the time to write the events and times of the event down.
- ALWAYS remember you are not doing anything wrong! Stand your ground and believe in yourself and your right to better your family!
Check out my post on How to Deal With Stockpiling Criticism – Stockpiling Saturday
Stockpiling 101 Series:Yum