This hearty Chili is perfect for winter days. My husband loves it on game day too! You can use chicken sausage for lower fat. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Yield 10 -12
- 1 lb. Johnsonville® Italian Ground Mild, Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (14.5 oz. each) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions
- 2 cans (16 oz. each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, broth, tomato paste, brown sugar, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, cumin and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese if you like and serve immediately.
Thank you to our Friends at Johnsonvile!