Cookie Lollipops Recipe
Source: Originally published as Cookie Lollipops in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p41
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 package (12 ounces) white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) double-stuffed Oreo cookies
- 32 wooden Popsicle or craft sticks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Twist apart sandwich cookies.
- Dip the end of each Popsicle stick into melted chips; place on a cookie half and top with another half.
- Place cookies on a waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze for 15 minutes.
- Reheat vanilla chip mixture again if necessary; dip frozen cookies into mixture until completely covered; allow excess to drip off.
- Return to the baking sheet; freeze 30 minutes longer or until set.
- Melt the chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Store in an airtight container.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe! Yum