This recipe is amazing! So easy to make and a hit every time I serve it!
Southwest Chicken Recipe
Source: Originally published as Southwest Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p51
Recipe type: Crockpot
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- Sweet red and yellow pepper strips, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer three-fourths each of the corn and beans and half of the salsa. Arrange chicken over salsa; top with remaining corn, beans and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Shred chicken with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Top with the peppers, sour cream, cheese and onions if desired.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!