Crockpot Southwest Chicken is amazing! This recipe is so easy to make and a hit every time I serve it! If you are looking for a hearty recipe that the entire family will love this is it! It is so easy to prepare. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer three-fourths each of the corn and beans and half of the salsa. Arrange chicken over the salsa and top with remaining corn, beans and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. It is that easy! Top with the peppers, sour cream, cheese and onions if desired when serving. You can serve with tortilla chips or on a bed of rice.
If you want to prepare this as a freezer meal simply combine your ingredients into a gallon size freezer bag. Freeze. When you are ready to cook simply thaw in your refrigerator overnight. Place contents of the freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
This is the perfect recipe when you are feeling like you need to warm up on a cold day. I love to enjoy a bowl by the fire. This is a recipe that our entire family loves and that is good for me because it is so easy to prepare. It is a simple dump and go crockpot recipe. It is great when you are serving a large crowd. You can easily double this recipe. It is also a naturally gluten free recipe so that is big win!
I like to serve Crockpot Southwest Chicken with tortilla chips, green onions, cheese and sour cream. I hope you enjoy this Southwest Chicken Recipe as much as we do! It is sure to be a family favorite.
Southwest Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each), cut up into strips.
- Sweet red and yellow pepper strips.
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and sliced green onions, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer three-fourths each of the corn and beans and half of the salsa.
- Arrange chicken over salsa; top with remaining corn, beans and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Top with the peppers, sour cream, cheese and onions if desired.
Courses Slow Cooker