Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole Recipe
Source: Originally published as Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p30
Recipe type: Seasonal
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup sour cream, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, poultry seasoning and sage.
- Stir in broth and celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and ¼ cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture.
- Drain potatoes; mash in a large.
- Beat in the cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!