This is a great recipe for stockpile cooking! Most all of these ingredients you can get for free or near free! Perfect for entertaining too!
Crockpot Buffalo Dip
Source: Sabine Prehna
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2-3 Boneless chicken breast, or 2 cans of chunk chicken drained (I used chicken breast)
- 2, 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1 small bottle of Hot sauce, or ¾ cups
- ½ cup of Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing (I used Ranch)
- 1½ cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 bunch of Scallions chopped up (Optional)
- Tostitos Chips (scoops work great)
- Cook/boil the chicken then chop into cubes. If using the chunk canned chicken be sure to drain and no cooking required
- Put hot sauce and chopped chicken in a skillet on Medium heat
- Add cream cheese to pan and stir until completely melted
- Stir in dressing of choice and mix until blended
- Add half of the cheddar cheese and chopped scallions and mix until blended
- Transfer contents into a crockpot and add the rest of the cheese on top, cook on low setting until bubbly
- Remove from crock pot and transfer to a serving bowl
- Serve with (corn chips) tostitos and enjoy
- You can combine all in a crockpot and cook on medium heat through step 5 then add cheese and turn crock pot to low.
Thanks to our reader Sabine Prehna for submitting this recipe and photo. You can play around with this a little. I am adding the cheese to the top of mine after it has been in the crock pot for awhile, only because I won’t be serving it until about 3 and don’t want the cheese to melted on top until it is almost ready to be served.