Italian Chicken Skillet Supper Recipe
Source: Originally published as Italian Skillet Supper in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p45
Recipe type: Maind Dish
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ pound small fresh mushrooms
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons shredded Romano cheese
- Flatten chicken slightly; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper and pine nuts until vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!Yum