Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Source: Originally published as Loaded Mashed Potatoes in Country Woman January/February 2001, p31
Recipe type: Sides
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
- ½ pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!Yum