Pan-Fried Trout Recipe
Source: Originally published as Pan-Fried Trout in Reminisce May/June 1996, p49
Recipe type: Main
- 4 lake trout fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup bacon-flavored crackers, crushed
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges and/or minced chives or parsley, optiona
- Rinse fish in cold water; pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, cracker crumbs, cornmeal, garlic salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Dip fish in the egg mixture, then gently roll in the crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, fry fish in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lemon, chives and/or parsley if desired.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!