Pan-Fried Trout Recipe
- 4 lake trout fillets (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Lemon wedges and/or minced chives or parsley, optiona
- Rinse fish in cold water; pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese, cracker crumbs, cornmeal, garlic salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Dip fish in the egg mixture, then gently roll in the crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, fry fish in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with lemon, chives and/or parsley if desired.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!