Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
Source: Originally published as Twice-Baked Potatoes in Country Extra November 1992, p49
Recipe type: Sides
- 6 large baking potatoes
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ to 1 cup milk or heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!