Chipotle Gluten Free Menu

I love Chipotle and after I found out I was Gluten Free I was really worried that I would no longer be able to eat there however I am thrilled that they have a nice Gluten Free Menu!  You can view the gluten free menu online.

Everything is safe except the Burrito Size Flour Tortilla and the Taco Size Flour Tortilla!  So you can enjoy everything else on the menu with no concern!  In fact they even offer brown rice which is my favorite and it is also gluten free.

Always ask the staff to change their gloves to fresh gloves and you can also ask for fresh tools too.  I personally ask them to use a clean tool when they add my meat just to be safe.  They are always kind about switching it for me and it it possible they use a fresh container.

As always there is concern with dining out however this is one of the best options for me in terms of fast food that is gluten free.

Here are our Gluten Free Dining Reviews. Hopefully it will help you on your gluten free journey. Visit this extensive list of Gluten Free Restaurant Menus.

Be sure to follow our Gluten Free Recipes Pinterest Board.

Comments

1. Laura Denham says:

Thanks for posting this! Chipotle is my FAVORITE place. And as I am transitioning to gluten free, this is great news. Love any advice on what and where to buy gluten free foods.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

My best piece of advice is to buy whole foods. Non processed. I find that by eating meat, veggies, fruit and nuts I have no worries. It is when it is cooked in sauce that you start worrying. I am working on an extensive list of Gluten Free brands too so that will be a big help too! :-)

2. Greg Fundyler says:

Sorry to ruin the party, but don’t get too excited about Chipotle being gluten free. We went to the one in Little Rock yesterday. We watched them make a flour tortilla burrito for someone else. The flour tortillas are plopped down right next to the ingredients. The guy making the meal touched the tortillas, then touched the serving spoons for various ingredients. Once in a while, a spoon would touch the tortilla before going back into the bin. And finally, there were a couple of times that too much of an ingredient was put on the tortilla, so he put some of it back in the bin. All in all, the risk of cross-contamination here cannot be ignored. We were very disappointed. Hopefully they can do something to improve the situation in the future.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

YIKES! My store takes many precautions and always changes their gloves for me and uses fresh ingredients from the back if I ask :-)

• Greg Fundyler says:

That’s good. Unfortunately the guy making the food didn’t even know what gluten was. Other employees knew what it was and assured me that all of their ingredients except flour tortillas were gluten free, not taking into account cross-contamination of course. It has been a while so maybe things are better now. I might go back and see if they are more mindful of allergies.

• Maureen says:

Greg- I totally agree that there is cross contamination everywhere! The spoons touch the burritos then go back into the bins and contaminate the entire food bin. It would be fine for someone who just chooses to eat GF but not someone with Celiac. My daughter would have definitely gotten sick had she eaten there.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

I have Celiac Disease myself. I am very prone to cross contamination and have never had a problem. That is just my experience.

3. I am sorry to say that I have gotten very sick eating at Chipotle- I believe it is the soybean oil, though. Many folks who are gluten-intolerant cannot tolerate soybean oil either. I guess I fall into that category- but you or your GF loved one may not and might be able to eat to your heart’s content there!

4. I think that a lot of restaurants are going with GF menus, but you hit it on the head Greg, it’s the cross contamination that they don’t take into account. I was diagnosed a few weeks ago and decided to try it with my daughter who has celiac as well.

I was fine, she was pretty sick. Still trying to figure out if the difference is in our ages, how long we’ve been diagnosed (she was diagnosed at 8 in 2007), or some other factor.