Cinnamon Raisin Bread is one of my favorite recipes to make and serve for breakfast. Toasted with just a little butter, it is a personal favorite.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1-1/2 cups sugar, soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; set aside.
- Spoon half of the batter into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Sprinkle with half of the reserved cinnamon-sugar; repeat layers.
- Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:Yum