Last night my hubby asked what we are doing for the Superbowl…aka what am I making to eat. Traditionally this is a day that I would make appetizers for us and we would enjoy the game and more importantly for me the commercials Now that I am Gluten Free I know his concern…am I still going to make the appetizers…reminder I have been married for 13 years and I know what the top priority is on Superbowl Sunday
Now that I am Gluten Free planning my menu is going to be different but that doesn’t mean that it can’t be tasty. For countless football fans with gluten intolerance attending a Superbowl party makes you anxious. What are you going to be able to eat and will you end up getting sick? Here are some recipes and tips to help you get through Superbowl Sunday pain free and still enjoy it.
Udi’s Gluten Free has great, game-time options, so you don’t have to sit on the sidelines at your Super Bowl party. Helping people live a healthy, fun, gluten free lifestyle is what Udi’s is all about, so here are some easy, gluten free recipes that will score points this year:
Hosting Your Own Party
- Chili and gluten free corn bread are always crowd pleasers.
- Hot pizza dip with Udi’s bagels or pizza crust cut up for dipping. Cream cheese on the bottom, then pizza sauce, toppings (I like sausage/pepperoni / black olives) then top with Mozzarella and bake ’til bubbly.
- Guacamole, chips and salsa is a great Gluten Free snack that everyone loves.
- Make sure to avoid simple ways of cross contamination, like using the same utensils to stir, chop, and flip as you use for regular food.
Attending Someone Else’s Party
- Always ask the host to keep packages so you can check ingredients. Suggest a spoon be used in all dips so you can also enjoy the gluten free ones without fear of cross contamination. Bring your own crackers!
- Bring snacks and don’t tell anyone they are GF. Dips/chips!
- There are plenty of gluten-free party foods as you noted above. Bring something YOU can enjoy – you don’t have to point it out to everyone!
Check out my top picks for Recipes for Superbowl Sunday: I have listed some traditional and Gluten Free recipes for everyone at the party