Saucy Chicken with Veggies and Rice Recipe
Source: Originally published as Saucy Chicken with Veggies and Rice in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p16
Recipe type: crock pot
- 3 cups sliced celery
- 3 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 2 cups sliced onion
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅓ cup white wine or chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the celery, carrots, onion and chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, soup mix, thyme, pepper and tarragon; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Mix cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer or until gravy is thickened.
- Serve with rice.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!