Most everyone who knows me knows that I am a bit of an organization nut and a little bit of a clean freak. I have tenancies to label most everything that can be labeled and at most any time my house is ready for company. I have a few tips for eliminating clutter.
1. Create a place for shoes – this may sound strange but once you decide on where your families shoes will “live” when they are not in use it will really keep your life less cluttered. For me that is on a shelf in our garage.
2. Create a place for items you use daily – backpacks, coats, lunch boxes, keys, coupon binder, brief case, purse. If these items have a “home” when not in use it will keep your life less chaotic.
3. Every single day do a power clean – I do one for 15 minutes every morning while my son eats his breakfast before school and I do another one every evening before dinner (while dinner is in preparation). Both of these times my son in engaged doing something else and it gives me 15 minutes to clean and straighten up.
4. Before you go to bed make sure you are organized for the next day – lay out clothes, pack lunches, make your to-do list. It will allow you to sleep better to make sure you are ready for your day.
5. Every single day I purge 5 items. I place at least 5 items a day in either the donate box, consignment box or the garbage. This is a huge help in removing the clutter from our house. I also have a monthly pick up date with the Veterans which allows me to be prepared for them and remove unwanted items from my house. My advice is if you have not used it in a full year you don’t need it.
I hope this help s with eliminating the clutter from your life!Yum