Valentine Napoleons Recipe
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Using a 3-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 12 hearts.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- In another large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into pudding.
- Split puff pastry hearts in half. Place bottom halves on serving plates.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling over each; top with strawberries and pastry tops.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.