What is a Manager’s Special? Why do you want to buy it???
Always keep your eyes open for Manager’s Specials. Every day departments mark down items that are nearing expiration. You can often find great markdowns on meat, dairy and produce, bread and bakery/deli. At most stores you can use a coupon with a Manager’s Special often time making the item free or near free. We also love when a manager’s special matches with a rebate.
At Kroger you will find Manager’s Specials with the sticker above. Our tip is to shop early to get the best deal on manager’s specials. You can often ask your butcher what time he makes his manager’s special reductions. At my store they make them between 7 am – 8 am which means that I like to be there a little before 8 am for the best selection.
Check out this post: Stockpiling 101 – FoodSaver and Stockpiling for tips on how to extend the life of your Manager’s Specials
- How Does Price Matching Work?
- What is on sale in February?
- How to Understand the Grocery Sales Cycle
- Stockpiling – Preparing for Natural Disasters or Emergency
- Stockpiling 101 | Stockpiling For The Holidays™
- How Do I Start Stockpiling?
- Stockpiling Tip :: Look for Coupons on Packages
- 10 Items To Stockpile