Country-Fried Steak Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 pounds each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- In another shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat beef with flour mixture, then dip in milk and roll in crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add soup and milk to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Serve gravy with steaks.
Courses Main Dish
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!