Check out this recipe for Gluten Free Breakfast Blintzes. I love making this for breakfast, brunch or brinner. You can use any fresh fruit that you have on hand. I love it with berries but I have also made it with kiwi. You can also use ricotta cheese too!
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Remember if you like this recipe then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark recipes that you want to make later!
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅔ cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/4 cups each fresh blueberries and raspberries
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs and butter.
- Combine the flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Stir crepe batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet.
- Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly.
- Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet with cooking spray as needed.
- When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a blender, cover and process cheeses until smooth.
- Add sugar and extract; pulse until combined.
- Spread a scant 1 tablespoonful onto each crepe.
- Fold opposite sides of crepe over filling, forming a little bundle.
- Place seam side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve topped with berries and dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!