Southwest Pretzels Recipe are perfect for March Madness! If your family loves pretzels they will love these. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt
- Salsa con queso dip
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt, minced onion and spices.
- Add water. Beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 16 equal portions; roll each into a 15-in. rope.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes longer.
- Twist into pretzel shapes. Place on greased baking sheets; brush with egg.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Brush again with egg; sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake 10-13 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks.
- Serve pretzels warm with dip pretzels.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: