This is a great Vegetarian or Meatless alternative to Philly Cheese Steaks. My entire family loved it! Remember if you like this recipe then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark recipes that you want to make later!
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 4 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushrooms, green peppers and onion.
- Pour dressing over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Divide mushroom mixture among buns and top with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!