Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes is my families favorite! You will love how easy this recipe is to prepare with the combination of Bacon, Cheese and Potatoes, it is a keeper!
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes is hands down the most requested recipe that I make. Using the foil and precooking your bacon are two keys to the success of this recipe. I have updated this recipe several times with tricks and tips and so by reading some of the comments below NOW you will find this recipe works really well.
My family loves potatoes and since I found out I have Celiac Disease I use them as a staple in our house. I love Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes because this recipe is so easy to prepare and no one realizes it. This recipe is naturally Gluten Free (just be sure your ingredients are). I personally use hormel bacon (Natural).
Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
Use this tip on cooking your bacon in the oven to keep it crispy.
- ¼ pound bacon, diced – I bake it first in the oven so that it is “done” and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 – 8 red potatoes, quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- ½ pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished – this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms:
Delicious Crockpot Recipes:
- Complete Pork Chop Dinner in a Crockpot
- Complete Steak Dinner in a Crockpot
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Crockpot Apple Crisp
- Crockpot Apples and Porkchops
- Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Crockpot Buffalo Dip
- Crockpot Cheesy Chicken & Rice
- Crockpot Chicken & Sweet Potatoes
- Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing
- Crockpot Coca-Cola Pork Roast
- Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole
- Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
- Crockpot Hot Cocoa
- Crockpot Pizza Casserole
- Crockpot Pork Loin Roast
- Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- Crockpot Ranch Porkchops
- Crockpot Taco Soup
- Homemade Crockpot Caramel Dip (Dulce de Leche)