Strawberry Pretzel Salad is the perfect addition to any holiday meal easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. Strawberry Pretzel Salad is great for the summer, cook outs and picnics! I think it is perfect for the 4th of July or Memorial Day too! You could add blueberries easily! When Strawberries go on sale this is a must prepare dish for me! It can also be adapted to a gluten free version.
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Cream Layer
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (or make your own)
- Strawberry Layer
- 2 (3 oz) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen strawberries or 2½ cups fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust. Be sure to spread it to the edges to seal off the crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. If making with fresh strawberries, don’t add strawberries to jello until the jello is just starting to jell.
- When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set.
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms: