This Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese is perfect to make for parties, holiday gatherings or for a family dinner. I love to make this during the holidays so I can free up my stove top for making other dishes. I can just put this on and worry about making all the other side dishes! My family loves the flavor as it is always a requested family favorite side dish!
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3½ cups cubed Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 tsp salt (more or less to your desired flavor)
- Combine in slow cooker: evaporated milk, paprika, salt, egg, butter and cheese; stir.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Nearing the end of the hour bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook for 7 to10 minutes or until the macaroni is al dente (pasta should not be done - it needs to be chewy) and drain.
- Stir cooked macaroni into cheese sauce, reduce temperature to low and cook for 2 to 4 hours or until ready to serve.