This spinach burritos recipe is a great dish! It is hearty and your family will never miss the meat. I love when I can more veggies into my families diet.
Spinach Burritos Recipe
Source: Originally published as Spinach Burritos in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p16
Recipe type: Main
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 6 fat-free flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- ¾ cup picante sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add spinach and pepper; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Place about 3 tablespoonfuls off center on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of picante sauce and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Top with remaining picante sauce and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe! Yum