I love crepes! They are so easy to make and you can create a crepe bar for breakfast or brunch or even at lunch and it is so easy and fun. The kids will really enjoy this Banana Crepes Recipe too!
Did you know you can Freeze Bananas? It is a great way to extend the life of the banana when you find them on managers special or they are over ripe.
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 medium firm bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt.
- Beat in flour until smooth; let stand 20 minutes.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet.
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom.
- Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed.
- When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For sauce, combine the butter, sugar, orange juice and peel in a skillet. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Add bananas to orange sauce; cook over medium heat until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Place one banana half in the center of each crepe; roll up jelly-roll style. Place folded side down on a plate; drizzle with orange sauce.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:Yum