I love crepes! They are so easy to make and you can create a crepe bar or breakfast or brunch or even at lunch and it is so easy and fun.
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Additional butter
- ORANGE SAUCE:
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 6 medium firm bananas, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt.
- Beat in flour until smooth; let stand 20 minutes.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet.
- Pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom.
- Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- Remove to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet as needed.
- When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For sauce, combine the butter, sugar, orange juice and peel in a skillet. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Add bananas to orange sauce; cook over medium heat until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Place one banana half in the center of each crepe; roll up jelly-roll style. Place folded side down on a plate; drizzle with orange sauce.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: