Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- SOUR CREAM PASTRY:
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place the blackberries in a large bowl.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and lime peel; sprinkle over berries and gently toss to coat.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in 5 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Combine sour cream and heavy cream; gradually add to crumb mixture, tossing with a fork until mixture forms a ball.
- Roll out to fit top of baking dish; place pastry over filling.
- Trim and seal edges; cut slits in top.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over pastry.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Cover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!