I love Carrot Cake! It is a great way to sneak a veggie into your kids dessert. You can also make your own Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Icing.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into pineapple mixture until blended.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cake.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Posts You May Enjoy: