I love Carrot Cake! It is a great way to sneak a veggie into your kids dessert. You can also make your own Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Icing.
Did you know that you can freeze cream cheese? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Cream Cheese to find out how!
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into pineapple mixture until blended.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cake.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Posts You May Enjoy: