There is nothing better than Pulled Port BBQ and nothing easier than making it in the crockpot. This is a simple recipe and I like the use of liquid smoke to give it the hickory smoked flavor without the time and effort involved.
- Boston Butt Roast
- ½ onion chopped fine
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup or more BBQ Sauce
- 2 teaspoons or more Liquid Smoke
- Salt and pepper the roast well. Place Boston Butt Roast, onion and garlic in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from crock pot and using a fork separate the pork, discarding any fatty pieces.
- Pour off the remaining liquid from the crock pot reserving ½ cup. Return the pulled pork to the crock pot, add BBQ sauce and liquid smoke to taste, mix well.
- You can use the reserved liquid if it seems dry.
- Allow to cook on low in the crock pot for at least 30 minutes and serve on buns topped with your favorite BBQ sauce and slaw.