Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
There is nothing better than Pulled Port BBQ and nothing easier than making it in the crockpot. This is a simple recipe and I like the use of liquid smoke to give it the hickory smoked flavor without the time and effort involved.
- Boston Butt Roast
- ½ onion chopped fine
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup or more BBQ Sauce
- 2 teaspoons or more Liquid Smoke
- Salt and pepper the roast well. Place Boston Butt Roast, onion and garlic in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Remove from crock pot and using a fork separate the pork, discarding any fatty pieces.
- Pour off the remaining liquid from the crock pot reserving ½ cup. Return the pulled pork to the crock pot, add BBQ sauce and liquid smoke to taste, mix well.
- You can use the reserved liquid if it seems dry.
- Allow to cook on low in the crock pot for at least 30 minutes and serve on buns topped with your favorite BBQ sauce and slaw.
This is a guest post from my friend Shelley Frady who blogs at Ground Beef Budget. She is a single Mom who knows how to survive on a “ground beef budget”.