Crockpot Spanish Rice is an amazing side dish. I love how easy this recipe is to prepare! It has a great flavor profile and by preparing in the slow cooker you can eliminate some of the prep time out of making the sides right before you serve dinner. We like to serve this with Mexican Fried Icecream for dessert!
Simply brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain off fat. Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker, except cheese. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Minutes before cooking time is done, sprinkle cheese on top. Trust me you will be glad you did! You can even serve with a little sour cream on top.
This is a delicious recipe that is perfect for taco night or Cinco de Mayo. My entire family loves the flavor of this slow cooker Spanish rice. I love that I can have a side dish ready and don’t have to spend time getting it together right before serving.
I hope your family enjoys this Crockpot Spanish Rice as much as mine does. It is sure to be a family favorite once you give it a try. It is family favorite of my sons and he is always asking for it as a side dish recipe on Taco Tuesday.
- 2 pounds ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1½ cups water or broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups converted rice
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown beef in skillet and drain off fat.
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker, except cheese. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- minutes before cooking time is done, sprinkle cheese on top.
- Stir and Enjoy
Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!
More Crockpot Recipes:
10 CINCO DE MAYO CELEBRATION RECIPES