Easter Bunny Bread Recipe
Source: Originally published as Easter Bunny Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p13
Recipe type: Appetizer/Seasonal
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 raisins
- 2 sliced almonds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Lettuce leaves
- Dip of your choice
- Cut a fourth off of one loaf of dough; shape into a pear to form head. For body, flatten remaining portion into a 7-in. x 6-in. oval; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Place head above body.
- Make narrow cuts, about ¾ in. deep, on each side of head for whiskers.
- Cut second loaf into four equal portions.
- For ears, shape two portions into 16-in. ropes; fold ropes in half. Arrange ears with open ends touching head.
- Cut a third portion of dough in half; shape each into a 3-1/2-in. oval for back paws.
- Cut two 1-in. slits on top edge for toes.
- Position on each side of body.
- Divide the fourth portion of dough into three pieces.
- Shape two pieces into 2-1/2-in. balls for front paws; shape the remaining piece into two 1-in. balls for cheeks and one ½-in. ball for nose.
- Place paws on each side of body; cut two 1-in. slits for toes.
- Place cheeks and nose on face.
- Add raisins for eyes and almonds for teeth.
- Brush dough with egg.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Place bread on a lettuce-lined 16-in. x 13-in. serving tray.
- Cut a 5-in. x 4-in. oval in center of body.
- Hollow out bread, leaving a ½-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Line with lettuce and fill with dip
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Follow Stockpiling Moms: