This Gluten Free Angel Food Cake is a delicious recipe which is low in fat. I love serving it with a variety of fresh fruit. Strawberries and blueberries are my personal favorite with fresh whipped cream. This is my favorite summer dessert.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1-1/2 cups egg whites (about 10)
- ¾ cup plus ½ cup sugar, divided
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit, optional
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift ¾ cup sugar, cornstarch, flours and potato starch together twice; set aside.
- Add cream of tartar, salt and vanilla to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about ½ cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Top with fresh fruit if desired.
Thanks Healthy Cooking June/July 2010 for this recipe and image.