I love this Gluten Free Carrot Cake recipe! To me the secret ingredient is the crushed pineapple and mayonnaise! Yes, you read that correctly! Serve it with a cream cheese frosting and you have the best dessert ever. It is so moist and delicious.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups white rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ cup soy flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¾ teaspoon grated orange peel
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pineapple, eggs and mayonnaise until well blended.
- Combine the rice flour, potato starch, soy flour, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, ginger and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in carrots and coconut.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, orange peel and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over top of cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!