This recipe reminds me of fall! I love how easy it is to prepare in the crockpot. There is nothing better than the combination of winter squash and apples. It is comfort food to me. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 cups pureed butternut squash
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Spread butternut squash puree in bottom of slow cooker.
- Layer sliced apples over the squash puree.
- In a small bowl, combine spices, honey, and coconut oil.
- Drizzle over apples and squash.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top for last 30 minutes of cooking time.
This is a guest post written by Rachel Kokosenski. She is the Stockpiling Moms Gluten Free and Casein Free recipe expert.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Aspergers Syndrome. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf (gluten free and casein free) diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.