Gluten Free Slow Cooker Squash & Apples reminds me of fall! I love how easy it is to prepare in the crockpot. There is nothing better than the combination of winter squash and apples. It is comfort food to me.
This Paleo dish tastes a lot like hot apple pie, but is far more healthy! I served it as a side dish to Way Better Chicken Tenders but it could be used with a vegetarian meal too.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 cups pureed butternut squash
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Spread butternut squash puree in bottom of slow cooker.
- Layer sliced apples over the squash puree.
- In a small bowl, combine spices, honey, and coconut oil.
- Drizzle over apples and squash.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top for last 30 minutes of cooking time.
Gluten Free Recipes: