I love this popular Jalapeno Popper Dip. I decided to create a healthier version to be served at my holiday parties this year that not only my friends and family would enjoy but that I would have a chance to enjoy as well without guilt. This Low Fat Jalapeno Popper Dip not only tastes like a perfect recreation of the popular snack but satisfies at a low 1 Weight Watcher Point Per Serving. Serve with whole wheat crackers, fresh vegetables like carrots, grape tomatoes, celery or baked tortilla chips for a great snack. Remember if serving with chips or crackers to account for your points within those as well.
If you prefer a spicier taste use the “hot” jalapenos and “hot” green chili. If you prefer a milder flavor profile you may substitute for only ½ the amount of jalapenos and/or chili. You may even use fresh jalapeno or chili if available and preferred. If you serve with a gluten free cracker or vegetables then this is also a gluten free dip!
- 2, 8oz. Packages Fat Free Cream Cheese (softened)
- ½ Cup Fat Free Mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Fat Free Shredded Sharp Cheddar (separated)
- ¼ Cup Diced Mild Jalapeno’s (drained)
- ¼ Cup Diced Green Chili’s (drained)
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- In large bowl mix together cream cheese and mayonnaise until it is smooth.
- Add in onion powder, garlic powder, salt, jalapenos and green chili.
- When mixture is well blended add in half or ¼ Cup shredded cheddar until lightly mixed through dip.
- Pour mixture into small baking dish, pie plate or oven safe platter. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until bubbling and cheese has melted on top.
There is no fat in this recipe because the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise recommended are all fat free. It does contain approximately 55 carbs for the entire batch so 9.2 carbs per serving. Plus whatever chip/cracker is used or use vegetables and it adds none! You can also make this full fat too!