Found on Pinterest
I love this idea that I found on Pinterest! Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
- 2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1½ cups water (or use chicken broth if you have some on hand)
- 2½ teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon each garlic powder, black pepper, basil and oregano
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups converted raw rice
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- grated colby or cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown beef in skillet and drain off fat. Put all ingredients in slow cooker, except cheese. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. Around 30 minutes before cooking time is done, sprinkle cheese on top.
This was originally posted at Pegasuslegend Thanks for the image and idea!
Are you new to Pinterest? Check out this post Pinterest 101.
See past Pinterest Pin of the Day Posts.
Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!
If you like this recipe you may also like: