I am in LOVE with this healthy Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe! It is a healthy protein packed lunch with healthy fats! The best thing is you can make this using leftover chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken! You can even use canned chicken if you want. You can make up as little or as much as you want. I normally make it using 1 whole avocado and 2 cups chicken and it keeps well for up to 2-3 days.
You can serve with crackers, on bread, a lettuce wrap or just eat it with a fork! You will love the replacement of the avocado for the mayonnaise. You can always add 1 TBSP of mayo or vegenaise to add more creaminess to the recipe. This is a delicious low carb recipe.
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded (or feel free to use rotisserie or canned)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- green onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, optional
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 TBSP, pickle relish, optional
- 1 TBSP, Mayonnaise or Vegenaise, optional
- This is a great recipe for using up leftover chicken breasts. You can make as little or as much as you want which is why I like it.
- Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
Courses Soups and Salads