Bacon Mushroom Honey Dijon Chicken – Can you say YUMMY! This recipe contains all of my favorites! Chicken, bacon and cheese! It reminds of Alice Springs Chicken from Outback!
Bacon Mushroom Honey Dijon Chicken
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cut and cooked
- 2 TBSP sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice.
- Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms with cooked bacon until tender. Remove to set aside. Add chicken breasts to skillet, top with mushroom and bacon then cheeses and green onions.
- Cook over low heat, covered for 15-20 minutes until juices run clear.
Thanks to Mommy I’m Hungry for this recipe and image.
Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!
If you like this recipe you may also like: