Grilled Salmon with Corn Salad is a healthy and low fat summer dish. I am always on the prowl for a low fat and healthy grilled fish dish. I recently started eating salmon or another fish dish once a week so this will be in the menu plan for sure. Anything with avocado and I am in.
- Corn Salad
- 4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ small ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Canola cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the salad, put corn, tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, oil, vinegars, salt and pepper into a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Set aside.
- For the salmon, preheat grill. Spray fillets all over with cooking spray, then season with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin-side up, on grill. After about 2 minutes, turn salmon a quarter turn and cook 2 minutes longer. Flip salmon and grill until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove salmon from grill and serve immediately, topped with corn and avocado salad.
Thanks to Whole Foods for this recipe and image.
Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!
If you like this recipe you may also like: