Have you ever heard of making “Hardboiled” Eggs in the Oven? I wanted to share with you this method as it is an alternative to hard cooking them traditionally on the stove top. This is a great method and once you try it I promise you will never go back to using the stove top! If you are looking for an easy low carb breakfast idea or snack this is it! I prep these on Sunday to have for the week and it really keeps my chances of “cheating” at bay.
How to make “Hardboiled” Eggs in the Oven:
Simply use a muffin tin – this so much better than placing on a cookie sheet or on the rack which is all I have ever seen before! I decided to give it at try and it worked well!
When you bake eggs, the shells will get little brown dots. When you soak them in water prior to peeling the brown spots will disappear. This method is perfect for coloring eggs for Easter.
You may enjoy my Mom’s recipe – Linda’s Deviled Eggs.
I also love this recipe for Colored Deviled Eggs.
How to make "Hardboiled" Eggs in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 325 - 350 degrees.
- Place uncooked eggs in a muffin tin.
- Bake eggs in the oven at 325-350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Get a huge bowl of ice water. or just stop your clean sink and use that.
- Use tongs and put the eggs in the water. This stops the eggs from cooking and from the yolks turning green/grey in color.
- After they are cooled, you can remove the shell or color for Easter.
When you bake eggs, the shells will get little brown dots. When you soak them in water prior to peeling the brown spots will disappear.
ZERO FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS ON WEIGHT WATCHERS!
Easter Posts You May Enjoy: