I love this delicious salad. It is a healthy and quick on the go meal. You can use your own chicken breast to make it more clean too. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 cup chopped red or sweet onion
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve as desired.
- Salads: Top salad greens with chicken salad; sprinkle with almonds.
Originally published as Southwest Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p32