Strawberry Tart Recipe
Source: Originally published as Strawberry Tart in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p37
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 ounces German sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup red currant jelly
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread melted chocolate over bottom of crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or until almost set.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Spread over chocolate layer.
- Arrange strawberries over filling; brush with jelly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove sides of pan before serving.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe! Yum