This recipe is a great twist on traditional pizza. I love fajitas so combining it into a pizza is a great twist! My family loves it.
Chicken Fajita Pizza Recipe
Source: Originally published as Chicken Fajita Pizza in Country Woman October/November 2009, p38
Recipe type: Main
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chunky salsa, drained
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil and garlic. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Place crust on an ungreased 14-in. pizza pan; spread with salsa to within ½ in. of edges. Layer with chicken, peppers, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!