Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green onion, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 slices Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese, halved
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil, garlic salt and pepper. Set aside 5 tablespoons. Pour remaining lime juice mixture into a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal and turn to coat; let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the corn, tomato, pepper, green onion, cumin and 3 tablespoons reserved lime juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting twice with remaining lime juice mixture.
- Top with cheese; grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!